Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Everything Austen Challenge

I really enjoy how reading one blog will sometimes lead me to visit another. For instance, Book Club Girl's post about the Everything Austin Challenge brought me to Stephanie's Written Word.

everythingausten1 Here are the details of the Everything Austen Challenge:

(1) The Everything Austen Challenge will run for six months (July 1, 2009 – January 1, 2010).

(2) Just choose what six Austen-themed things you want to finish to complete the challenge. Aside from Austen's books, movie versions of her books, or sequels by various authors or books or movies based on Jane Austen or derived from characters that she's created.

Since I've enjoyed whatever Jane Austen books I've read so far and have been planning to read more, and this challenge seems like a great way to get me on track. I've also joined a few Austen oriented book tours in July, too.

Here are 3 of my 6 items:

Loving Mr. Darcy: Journeys Beyond Pemberley by Sharon Lathan

My Cousin Caroline by Rebecca Ann Collins

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange


If you'd like to sign up or read more about the Everything Austen Challenge, head over to

http://www.bookclubgirl.com/book_club_girl/2009/06/im-accepting-the-everything-austen-challenge.html

http://thewrittenword.wordpress.com/2009/06/22/introducing-the-everything-austen-challenge-with-prizes/

Stephanie's Written Word is holding a giveaway of The Plight of the Darcy Brothers until Saturday, August 8.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on joining the challenge. Can't wait to hear your reviews!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are joining! Even though the official deadline to join is past, I've been letting people slide by. Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jane Austen, too! I had no idea they had challenges like this. This sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete