Sunday, January 10, 2010

J. Kaye's Support Your Local Library Challenge

One of the best things about living in New York has been access to the New York Public Library and the Brooklyn Public Library. Even though the Park Slope branch is closed for two years, I still rely on the library for most of my DVD rentals. I usually read a book before I decide to buy it - there just isn't enough space in our apartment for books that I don't want to reread.

So, I when I read about J.Kaye's Support Your Local Library Challenge, I knew it was for me. I'll keep a list of the books that I intend to read and do read here. I'm signing up for the "Just My Size" level of 50 books.

Here's the list of books that I have on hold/on my TBR library list:

  • The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
  • Killing Floor by Lee Child
  • Street Fighters: The Last 72 Hours of the Bear Stearns, the toughest firm on Wall Street by Kate Kelly
  • The girl who played with fire by Stieg Larsson
  • The Girl with the dragon tatoo by Stieg Larsson
  • Too Big To Fail: the inside story of how Wall Street and Washington tried to save the financial system from crisis - and themselves by Andrew Sorkin
  • Die Trying by Lee Child
  • Behind the scenes at the museum by Kate Atkinson
  • An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
  • Stone's Fall by Iain Pears
  • Six Suspects by Vikras Swarup
  • When the elephants dance by Tess Uriza Holthe
Would you like to sign up? Head over to J.Kaye's Book Blog to read more about it:

http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/2009/11/2010-support-your-local-library-reading.html

2 comments:

  1. Its so sad libraries are closing in Brooklyn and in NYC. The one near my house is eliminating the checkout ladies. They are replaced by machines I heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge! Love the library and love this challenge. So glad to have you join.

    ReplyDelete